The 12d Model Customisation training course allows CAD Managers and experienced 12d Model users to customise 12d Model to best suit your company’s workflows and standards.
12d Model Customisation Course
This is a three day course for CAD Managers and experienced 12d Model users. You will work on your own standards and customisations during the course, and as well as learning the techniques for customising 12d Model, you will have files ready to install in your workplace. In this course you will learn how to customise 12d Model to best suit your workflows and standards, and will produce customisation files to achieve these outcomes.
The course is run one day per week over three consecutive weeks. This gives you the opportunity to put what you have learnt into practice, and to test the customisation that you have created. As well as giving the user hands-on experience in how to set up and customise 12d Model, at the end of the course you will have a set of customisation files that meet your company’s standards and that you will be able to implement in your workplace.
Prerequisites: A good working knowledge of 12d Model and a good working knowledge of your company’s CAD Standards, workflows and presentation standards. By booking a course, you affirm that you meet the requirements for 12d Model training courses. Check on upcoming courses at bottom of page.
- Exporting Plan Information from 12d Model to CAD.
- Setting up configuration in 12d Model so that users are easily able to export data to CAD that meets company standards. Includes creation of a seed file in your CAD system (dwt or dgn).
- Exporting Long and Cross sections to CAD. This involves setting up plot parameter files for longsection and cross section plotting and configuring 12d Model to send section data to different layers in CAD.
- Plotting plans and sections directly from 12d Model to printer or pdf. Includes setting up pmf file to control lineweight, and creation of title blocks in 12d Model.
- Setup of defaults for design files. Creation of defaults for Apply Many function, creating and editing Super Alignment styles, creation of a template library.
- Setup of defaults for survey files. Includes survey instrument configuration, map files and label map files.
- Creation of Toolbars for use with 12d Model.
- Creation of workspaces for use with 12d Model.
- Setup of keyboard shortcuts for commonly used operations.