12d Model Basic Civil Design will equip you with the powerful techniques for designing roads using 12d Model.
Civil Design Basics – Day 1
Day 1 of a two-day course in the techniques for designing roads using 12d Model.
Prerequisites: ‘Introduction to 12d Model’ or a good working knowledge of 12d Model. By booking a course, you affirm that you meet the requirements for 12d Model training courses. Check on upcoming courses at bottom of page.
Participants will learn the process for creating road designs in 12d Model, including basic intersection design, adding superelevation and widening, creating bus bays and the like.
They will become familiar with the techniques for creating long and cross sections drawings, and ‘Chaining’ design operations together so that designs and drawings can quickly be revised.
- Load survey data and create a triangulation of the existing surface.
- Create the road centreline (reference string or control line) for a road. Exercises will cover accurately locating both horizontal and vertical geometry.
- Create the cross section definition for the road (called a template) and use this to complete the simple road design.
- Review road cross sections at different chainages, and view the road in a 3d perspective view. Drive along your road.
- Edit the road centreline, and update the design. Note the changes to cut and fill volumes.
- Generate Plan, Longsection and Cross Section drawings ready for plotting or export to CAD.