The 12d Model for Engineering Surveyors training course will equip you with techniques for using 12d Model to complete basic design requirements, volume calculations and conformance reporting.
12d For Engineering Surveyors Courses
A two day course for Engineering Surveyors covering techniques for using 12d Model to complete basic design requirements, volume calculations and conformance reporting.
Prerequisites: Introduction to 12d Model and Basic Civil Design courses or good working knowledge of 12d Model. By booking a course, you affirm that you meet the requirements for 12d Model training courses. Check on upcoming courses at bottom of page.
In this course you will learn how to use the tools available in 12d Model to the deliver the work required of an on-site Engineering Surveyor.
- Loading a design from a dwg file, and adding vertical road geometry and setout points.
- Use 12d Model’s design tools to create a dam, and the dam walls (batters) to the natural surface.
- Merge the dam design with the natural surface to create a ‘finished surface’ – a ‘Supertin’.
- Import design data from a GENIO file, and assign (map) the data into models and assign colours based on the code.
- Generate cross sections from the design strings.
- Create subgrade layers (boxing) for the road, and calculate subgrade volumes.
- Create Machine Guidance files for the road design strings (Trimble, Leica, and Topcon).
- Generate Construction (Conformance) reports for the road.
- Generate a Pavement Conformance report for the road pavement.
- Load a stockpile survey and calculate stockpile volumes.
- Load survey data for a precasat structure, and undertake a 3d Helmert of the structure to orientate it to the site.
- Use a Leica ‘sets of Angles’ file to create stations, and do a Least Squares adjustment of the stations.
- Displaying 12d Model features for Engineering Surveyors’ requirements.