This two day training course focuses on 12d Model Software for Track / Rail design.
12d Model Software has been used on numerous light and heavy rail design and construction projects. This course covers the tools and processes for the production of a developed DE infrastructure model.
This course introduces users to 12d Model, Track Design Tools.
Prerequisites: For experienced 12d Model Users. Completion of the “Design Features” training is required. The information is available on-line and can be completed in your own time. Experience in Rail Design & Rail Terminology is strongly recommended.
By booking a course, you affirm that you meet the requirements for 12d Model training courses. Check on upcoming courses at bottom of page.
Participants learn to:
- Calculate the Track Centreline (3D) from the Surveyed Rails
- Use of Linear & Arc Regression (Though not actually part of the Track Tools, Regression is essential for developing a CL off Surveyed Data when no Design Data is available).
- Track Slew. Creating Reports, Spreadsheets & Diagrams & Plotting the Slew.
- Rail Profiles. Producing &/or Extracting a Rail Profile.
- Creating & Editing Turnouts & then Placing Turnouts.
- Chainage Equalities. Equality Types & Definitions. Their use + Inquiring on Equality Chainages
- Rail Cant. Cant design, Virtual Cant, Altering Speeds to Adjust Cant, Spreadsheets & Graphs & applying the Cant to the Rails.
- Plotting the Rails, Ballast & Sleepers. A quick look at producing a Circular (Bored) Tunnel.
- Setting and running structure gauge
- Some Long Section Plot Settings/Tweaks.